Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy 50th to the Folks!


My brother, sister, and I hosted a celebration of our parents 50th wedding anniversary on July 4th. Approximately 75 relatives and friends joined us in congratulating Mom and Dad with a buffet dinner followed by a cake that was a replica of their wedding cake - complete with the original 'bride&groom' topper.


My very talented sister built a photographic presentation of their life together, starting with wedding photos, and interleaved with comments from family and friends. It was pretty impressive, and quite moving.


After the 'official' party was over many folks joined us at the farm where my brother and I lit off a fireworks display that rivalled many small towns! Ah, I love the smell of black powder! ;)


Here is the family photo/portrait. Me on the left, brother Jeff in the middle, and sister Andrea on the right -- Mom and Dad of course in front.


No comments: