Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hurricane Gustav - Where Are You Headed??

The 1100 EDT NHC forecast has Gustav located 50 miles S of Haiti and 250 miles SE of Cuba. The US Navy track predicts he's headed for the middle of the Gulf by Sunday, and the NHC "cone" has us in the "possible" path. Looks like an interesting Labor Day weekend....

Since I haven't managed to consume ALL of the alcohol laid in for Fay, my Gustav provisioning will be somewhat simpler.....get some ice and a few barbecued chickens, and I may actually try to buy a few flashlight batteries this time too....thank god those C cells work in the sex toys TOO!!! *grin*

Honestly folks, when there are events like these on the horizon - humor is our best defense against the utter FEAR that Mother Nature can engender...and I DO take these things most seriously indeed - the cat, the guns, and I are always ready to head north! ;)

Cap'n Bob out

No comments: